Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Todays Song- Inspiration Information/Shuggie Otis



The truth is I have been having the hardest time sitting down to just write. Lots of writer find great reliev if sitting down to write through the clutter in their brain. And as I said before that is supposed to be the purpose of this blog. But when my mind is overflowing with ideas and thoughts it just keeps running and running. Going and Going. And slowing down long enough for me to write my thought?? Thats close to imposible but I'm gonna keep trying for a number of reasons. The chief number 1 being that if I never write them down they will remain simply wistful ideas for all time. I would love to FINALLY fish this manuscript so I can move on to the other fiction ideas I have in my head...but my characters keep running away. Seemingly not content with the prospect of being trapped on a page. In their mind they are free to roam and change at will as long as they stay in my head. My mind is a vast playground for them to play in. But once they hit that page...man thats it...they are trapped. But I still feel compelled to tell their stories anyway. Someone need to hear them. And me? Well I need more room in my brain.....

I'm blessed in that I have sooo many outlets. I have my manuscript. I have a prospective spoken word project. Then I have Indigo which every single day we come up with new ideas and its so great to get on that stage every month and see those ideas take form. There is no greater high to me these days. People laugh when I say Zoe and I sit on the phone all day thinking of greats ideas of who to bring to the Indigo stage but its all true. I'm happy when we can bring artists and have the audience just dig it thats awesome. I even have the joy of posting music links on my FB page or here in my blog and hearing people talk about how great the all are. I guess thats what people call passion. Passion for waht you do. I love creativity in all its forms...Even when its just me rambling on this blog.........

No comments:

Post a Comment